Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Costumes
09-05-2014, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 10:28 PM by Danni_girl.)
Costumes
Currently costumes are different types of equipment (Amulets, Helms, Armor, etc) and don't give any stat bonus and are essentially cosmetic.

Thinking about this I am surprised that this has not been implemented yet:

Create a new type of equipment catagory called "Costumes", change all of the current costumes into this catagory and change their item graphics to be a bit more uniform (examples in the attachments) like bundles of clothes with the most obvious parts of the costume around it.

This would allow players to equip their costumes without having to sacrafice anything to do it.

I think the costumes are great and could really add to the RP side or PRPG with seasonal costumes or maybe even costumes for sale in the PhanStore. Having this catagory would make them that more enticing to get.

Attached Files
.gif   pcostume.gif (Size: 1,007 bytes / Downloads: 30)
.gif   pucostume.gif (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 30)
.gif   scostume.gif (Size: 994 bytes / Downloads: 30)
[Image: siggy-1.gif]
09-05-2014, 10:35 PM,
RE: Costumes
I was actually thinking of a costume concept recently myself. I like the idea, but I think it could just as easily be avoided by altering the custom upgrading system to at the very least rival that of crimsons and some of the "nonsettable" equipment.

I think the current system was implemented when upgrading a custom a few times could easily best the best equipment in the game.

Best the Best. Tongue
Garet

09-05-2014, 11:31 PM,
I think the advantages of making an new catagory for them is clarity, you know exactly where they are, what they are and newer people would probably find it easier that way.
[Image: siggy-1.gif]
09-06-2014, 08:58 PM,
Wow, that is a great idea. I always wondered why they were created as different pieces of equipment. At least when they were all helms it was uniform. I think creating a new slot for costumes would be great.

I just wonder how much coding would have to be done to change the system around. Either way, I think it should be done at some point.
09-06-2014, 11:35 PM,
Okay, I have to admit that my previous reply I was half asleep and misread the entire idea surrounding this.

I think it's perfect - an additional slot with a few more costume selections available to members!

Doerr- you bring up a good point that it would most likely be a decent chunk of code to add in, but I'm glad to see that you're so enthusiastic about the possibility of this change!

>.> I'm only slightly more awake this time so - off to bed! thanks for the awesome idea Danni!
Garet