NO! Leave it as is.
YES! Lower it to 5%(ish)
YES! Lower it to 1%(ish)
YES! Get rid of it!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAXES (Kiosk)
08-10-2014, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014, 08:59 PM by Garet.)
TAXES (Kiosk)
Okay, very recently (like a minute ago) it was brought up to remove/change the taxes taken for kiosks in the Tavern.

This is a much better place for discussion and I think the forums could use a good discussion, so here are my thoughts on the matter:

The tax of 10% seems high to me, although I understand why it was originally implemented - because if you aren't there you shouldn't REALLY be able to buy up every egg, potion, and chest from every tom, nick, and cally.

So maybe (taking into account that membership is a bit down) we should consider lowering it to a 5% tax. Perhaps as a test to see how the current community reacts and the consequences on the already struggling economy?

Thoughts?
Garet

08-12-2014, 09:18 AM,
RE: TAXES (Kiosk)
As a new player i can't really say i don't like the 10% tax, because i haven't got that much money to begin with.
But lowering it seems reasonable, when the time comes and i will be able to buy things with a lower tax rate, I'm pretty sure I'll love it. Big Grin
08-12-2014, 10:16 AM,
Humpy, Look at it from this perspective!

When you put money into your kiosk (in the future). You are for the sake of demonstration very rich!

You decide that you want to invest 1MIL of your crowne into buying eggs!

You go in, set your prices (which are all very reasonable so that people will actually sell to you), and deposit 1MIL into the kiosk and when the page refreshes only 900,000 remains.

You have essentially just paid 100k to be able to auto-buy eggs (or whatever else you are trying to get your hands on).

If I'm correct the original reasoning behind such a high tax was because they wanted to offset being able to buy items from players when you aren't even in-game..

Now since there are so few active players, you have to have competitive prices for the kiosk to be effective anyway. I think by lowering it to 5% (not as low as a bank transfer or shop tax) you can get the kiosks to be a more reasonable and effective tool for buying items.
Garet

08-12-2014, 04:07 PM,
The taxes were created to help get some of the crowne out of the game and keep the economy in check.
08-12-2014, 04:58 PM,
(08-12-2014, 04:07 PM)LordDoerr Wrote: The taxes were created to help get some of the crowne out of the game and keep the economy in check.

Crowne Sink - Which is another benefit of taxing the RICH RICH members of the game. However new players will not be able to afford to set competitive kiosk prices for items if they have to pay the same tax that someone who has played for several years consecutively and has sat on the Wealthiest Players list.

Unfortunately, you can't keep a dead economy in check.

We have to find a reasonable solution to help revive the economy.... This is just a simple suggestion.
Garet

08-13-2014, 10:55 AM,
The money is really hard to get. I realise that there are very rich people out in the game who have played for many many years already. I don't think the economy is out of balance as it is...or there wouldn't be any eggs or chests on the market, someone would just hoard them.
08-13-2014, 12:55 PM,
If you're suggesting a tax strictly on the rich players, that's a horrible idea. Although those players have accumulated a lot of crowne over the years -- gained through hard work -- I don't think just taxing those players would be a good idea. I think that would be a good way to piss off our already limited number of active players.

As for decreasing the current tax as an incentive to promote newer players in the market, I'm against that as well. The current tax is a great crowne-sink. Think about Scarr, who just put something like 90 million in his kiosk, the 10% kiosk tax took 9 million crowne out of the game.

Let's all be honest here for a minute, it is not hard to accrue crowne in this game. Digging for chests can easily provide over 50k per day to all players. Whether they sell them or open them for eggs, it's pretty damn easy to make a decent chunk of change. Obviously it's going to take time for these players to build up their wealth, but that's the point of the game. It takes a lot of grinding, determination and intelligence to work your way up to riches.
08-13-2014, 03:43 PM,
You got me wrong, i wasn't saying ''tax the rich player''.

But i get your point, all the money that have been already lost due to 10% tax...old players could get mad.

As for the money making part...yes it's easy to get money IF you sell your eggs and chests...but as a new player i don't sell them, because i want the eggs and chests for experince and eggs, those are the only 2 things i look for now, not much else to spend money on that's gonna benefit me in the long-run.
08-13-2014, 04:06 PM,
Humpy, my comment was actually toward Garet's comment about taxes being unfair for new players to pay. Something else to think about is that all of the players that have worked their way up to riches had to deal with these same taxes. It's not hard to make something of yourself in this game.

I generally open my chests and eat my eggs as well, but sometimes I have to set a few weeks aside and sell my eggs in order to pay for other things. I'm currently doing that right now. So if new players want to open their chests and eat their eggs, that's fine, but if they don't play the market and sell things sometimes they won't ever have money to set aside for their kiosks anyway.
08-14-2014, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM by Garet.)
(08-13-2014, 12:55 PM)LordDoerr Wrote: Let's all be honest here for a minute, it is not hard to accrue crowne in this game. Digging for chests can easily provide over 50k per day to all players. Whether they sell them or open them for eggs, it's pretty damn easy to make a decent chunk of change. Obviously it's going to take time for these players to build up their wealth, but that's the point of the game. It takes a lot of grinding, determination and intelligence to work your way up to riches.

Doerr, I think you might have forgotten what it's like to have less than 200 max energy.

How is a new player supposed to work towards his promotion (which we all want to do of course, because it's awesome), and make crowne at the same time?

Let's just suppose this player is level 10 and would get torn apart by Medium and Large Chest monsters. This player has to rely on the crowne gained from battle to level, level to get AP, AP to get STR/DEX to level and sink VIT to get any sort of reasonably energy, and energy to dig for chests.

Digging and opening chests are a great idea for players level 150+ assuming they HAVEN'T spent millions on eggs and/or phanpoints on customs/AP (I could handle chests at 131 when I came back to the game from where I left off but I have spent a lot of phans for an almost full custom set and eaten my fair share of eggs). But tell me how a truly new player stands a chance in our world without help?

I don't know if anyone was suggesting that we tax only the wealthy players.... I certainly wasn't and I didn't gleam that from Humpy's post either. I don't even think that lowering the kiosk tax would help at all but this would be a discussion for another thread I'm afraid.
Garet

08-14-2014, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 08:58 PM by LordDoerr.)
"But tell me how a truly new player stands a chance in our world without help?"

The same way players always have. By joining clans and seeking help from friends. Before a player reaches their final promotion they either need to decide if they'd like to work toward their final promotion or if they'd like to have a lot of crowne.

Kiosks are new, all of the old rich players that you talk about never even had this opportunity and we still made it to where we are just fine.

When I was leveling, I decided to stop about mid-70's so I could dig for chests, sell eggs, etc. to make crowne in order to buy customs, new equipment, etc. It wasn't that hard.

As for suggesting ways to make this game easier on newer players, they already have chests, kiosks, fancy equipment that we never had, new training areas, more eggs and vexilar's garden for help. If you think they deserve more, that's fine, you're entitled to that opinion, but lowering the kiosk tax isn't going to do anything but fail to be a great crowne-sink for players that are already developed.