Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeatable Event. *The Rift opens*
06-01-2014, 07:15 AM,
RE: Repeatable Event. *The Rift opens*
Elemental resistance only matters where it's used. We aren't talking about bats and hawks, we're talking about graven images. If they become magic immune (and yes, I have suggested this), then most of your points for someone who's weak trying to kill them will stand. We know what's happening right now, but we don't know what is planned for later. Most monsters in the game do not have any resistances, and most races/classes don't have inherent dodge chance. If and when they do, fine, but they don't right now and there's no proof that they ever will.

You're right. The military does not go in without contingency plans. I'm not exactly sure how that's relevant, mind you...I think I fail to see your point on that one.

You're right. Your amulet looks quite good, in some ways, because it gives two different types of healing. But because it gives two different types of healing, getting down to 4000HP is going to be one hell of a lot harder. As such, it's harder to kill me; that alone is fine, but it also means that your argument of how great and powerful I am when I'm weak is...kind of weakened, itself, because it'd be hard for me to get that way. You're saying "look how powerful you'd be when x happens", but if it is very difficult for x to happen, then we can't use x as an everyday scenario. Sure, it's possible, but it's not that likely. I think, thus, that the wiser choice is to give gear that is useful and decent all the time rather than at specific times only.
My model of the amulet only has one set of healing at any given time, and it can snatch a lot of HP at once to make your attacks hit considerably harder. In a long fight this can stack many times, though the likelihood is very low. Also, in my model, the poncho's dodge chance is not affected by your HP, so your dodge chance is universal.
I dunno; to me, this is open and shut. The closest I can get to your military contingency comment is this: "We should be prepared for the most likely eventuality more than we should prepare for the most unlikely". Your idea is not a bad one, it's just not a great one. I think from a fundamental numbers perspective, mine is more logical and covers more uses, while yours covers one particular case much better than mine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repeatable Event. *The Rift opens* - Karakarn - 06-01-2014, 07:15 AM