Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Level Library Quest
08-31-2005, 09:36 PM,
High Level Library Quest
Ok I just had an idea from nowhere about having a quest idea that deals with you shelving books in the Library.

First off you are shelving books in the library, and come across an old and ancient book, that is covered with dust. You look at the title of the book. It says "The Lands across the Ocean." So you turn to the first page, and read about well what else other then the lands across the ocean.

You read that there are monsters far worse than the worm of despair, and that there are monsters not as strong as it, but stronger than Enraged Black Bears. You also read there are greater ways to make money, and a lot of other things to do there. Although those things are interesting, the thing that catches your eye is about a ship wreck.

The ship was a great vessel of the Cajarian Navy. The ship was going to visit another continent when it was attacked by a great sea monster, although the Cajarian Navy put up a good fight, they lost, and the ship sunk to the bottom of the sea.

Ok if anybody else has more details they can add to this feel free to post your ideas. Also post your thoughts on this idea.

Ships would have to be incorporated, also some sort of scroll to breathe under water. The chance you would drown would have to be some formula with vitality, and strength, because you need strength to swim of course.

I know this may not be put in the game, but like MacFhionguin said if I don't post my ideas they won't even be considered, and since this deals with making new items and such, it would be even longer to make, so who knows if it will make the cut, or be cut up.
[Image: untitled-2.jpg]
09-01-2005, 02:00 AM,
Re: High Level Library Quest
i like the plan i would like to see maybe as part of the qust to kill the sea monster and that would free the soul's of the ship people
09-01-2005, 07:14 AM,
Yes I meant the sea monster to be a part of the quest, or else a low level player could beat this quest. Although the vitality and strength thing might make the low level player fail, they still might be able to beat it.

So any ideas on stats for the monster?

Don't be afraid to post your ideas on my quest idea on here either. I am open to constructive criticism.
[Image: untitled-2.jpg]
09-08-2005, 02:02 PM,
Heh, I couldn't resist.  Firstly, what would be the incentive to visit this sunken ship, other than pure curiousity?  Is there treasure, or a powerful item that could be on its own or part of a greater set?  Or if you're a poacher, maybe you'd like to skin the hide of the sea monster because it gives protection to things like lightning and freezing temperatures?  I think it should start off with reading the book, but you have to follow up later by talking to someone, who'd give you the quest, and then you'd look for a boat.

Tidal Kraken

HP: 600   (it did beat one of the Cajar Navy's finest ships, right?)
MP: 100
Str: 400
Dex: 300
Vit: 300
Wis: 150

Appearance: Sapphire colour, thin yellow streaks running down the side, obviously scaly.  Either a serpent look or a squid look, preferably a serpentine look.

Attacks: Torrential Spread, Constrict, Whirlpool, Volt Charge, Thunder Crush

Torrential Spread: Blasts high-pressure spreads of water from mouth, dealing 50 damage.
Constrict: Deals damage based on your strength.  Perhaps on average about 40 dmg.  Drops your DEX greatly for your next 2 turns.
Whirlpool: Creates a vortex beneath and around you, that has a potential to whip your body 1 - 5 times, each time doing 10-20 dmg
Volt Charge: (10 MP) Gathers up electricity in the body.  Attacker recieves 10 dmg upon impact.  Lasts for one turn.  Set-up for Thunder Crush
Thunder Crush: (40 MP) Effects from Volt Charge disappear.  Heavy lightning strike, low chance of connecting except after Constriction, which would then boost up to moderate/good.  Hits you for 100 dmg, plus you are unable to attack on your next turn due to paralysis.

Physical attack is a double-attack for 20 dmg each hit.  Both attacks have a moderate chance of successfully dealling damage.

Attack Patterns: Physcial, Torrential Spread, Physical.  Repeat   At 500HP and 400HP marks, uses whirlpool, then goes back to original attack pattern.  After 50% of life lost, uses Constrict, followed by Volt Charge and then Thunder Crush.  Then repeat it that pattern once more.  After a second Thunder Crush, assuming both player and enemy are still alive, takes up this attack pattern: Physical, Whirlpool, Physical, Torrential Spread.

Well, there's a quick monster description you guys can work on for the heck of it.  Hope it's somewhat decent.  Nice idea Hunar (Go Tales of Symphonia  ;D).  Sounds interesting but it ain't happening right this moment though.  Still, keep those ideas coming.
09-08-2005, 06:35 PM,
Just to add to the fun here's the Pic for the Tidal Kraken

Attached Files
.gif   Tidal Kraken.gif (Size: 1.66 KB / Downloads: 172)
[Image: 25f3crq.jpg]
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM,
That's pretty wicked Seto.  I like it  a lot.
09-09-2005, 02:34 PM,
When giving monster stats, it's usually best to give ATK range and def range, like this:

Name: Tidal Kraken
HP: 600
ATK: 140-160
DEF: 110-140

Now...the way you've designed this thing, ShadowHunter, a L70 finds it hard, though its elemental weakness  (if it gets one?) might make the fight easier. I don't mind your attacks, but try not to let them just do raw damage.

I dunno. Not a bad idea, but again, it's just dreaming so far.

Ha! There's an add-on bit of it. Somewhere in the north or west there might be a port. Until you've read this book, the people there won't rent/sell/make you a boat!
The world has teeth, and it can bite you with them any time it wants.
09-09-2005, 03:02 PM,
Thanks for the advice Jayde.  I'll keep that in mind when I work on future monster stats.  Like I said in the Crypt: Alignment thread, I'm not high level so I don't really know what the stat and damage values are like, but I'm glad that it worked out good, because this quest is supposed to be for high level people, and a hard fight for a lv 70 player sounds like it fits the description, unless it should be higher.  Again, I'm happy the attacks seem okay.  Yeah, when I was thinking about it (off the top of my head while talking to a load of other people and PRPG), I thought it seemed a bit too heavy on the raw damage, so I'll think about some more status and magical effects.  Nice add-on bit to the the storyline also Jayde.  Maybe in the far future we could do this if we have a bunch of spare time.  It seems fun enough.  Well, I wonder what the players think now? 
09-16-2005, 12:52 AM,
ShadowHunter Wrote:Heh, I couldn't resist.  Firstly, what would be the incentive to visit this sunken ship, other than pure curiousity?  Is there treasure, or a powerful item that could be on its own or part of a greater set?  Or if you're a poacher, maybe you'd like to skin the hide of the sea monster because it gives protection to things like lightning and freezing temperatures?  I think it should start off with reading the book, but you have to follow up later by talking to someone, who'd give you the quest, and then you'd look for a boat.

Tidal Kraken

HP: 600   (it did beat one of the Cajar Navy's finest ships, right?)
Str: 400
Dex: 300
Vit: 300
Wis: 150

Appearance: Sapphire colour, thin yellow streaks running down the side, obviously scaly.  Either a serpent look or a squid look, preferably a serpentine look.

Attacks: Torrential Spread, Constrict, Whirlpool, Volt Charge, Thunder Crush

Torrential Spread: Blasts high-pressure spreads of water from mouth, dealing 50 damage.
Constrict: Deals damage based on your strength.  Perhaps on average about 40 dmg.  Drops your DEX greatly for your next 2 turns.
Whirlpool: Creates a vortex beneath and around you, that has a potential to whip your body 1 - 5 times, each time doing 10-20 dmg
Volt Charge: (10 MP) Gathers up electricity in the body.  Attacker recieves 10 dmg upon impact.  Lasts for one turn.  Set-up for Thunder Crush
Thunder Crush: (40 MP) Effects from Volt Charge disappear.  Heavy lightning strike, low chance of connecting except after Constriction, which would then boost up to moderate/good.  Hits you for 100 dmg, plus you are unable to attack on your next turn due to paralysis.

Physical attack is a double-attack for 20 dmg each hit.  Both attacks have a moderate chance of successfully dealling damage.

Attack Patterns: Physcial, Torrential Spread, Physical.  Repeat   At 500HP and 400HP marks, uses whirlpool, then goes back to original attack pattern.  After 50% of life lost, uses Constrict, followed by Volt Charge and then Thunder Crush.  Then repeat it that pattern once more.  After a second Thunder Crush, assuming both player and enemy are still alive, takes up this attack pattern: Physical, Whirlpool, Physical, Torrential Spread.

Well, there's a quick monster description you guys can work on for the heck of it.  Hope it's somewhat decent.  Nice idea Hunar (Go Tales of Symphonia   ;D).  Sounds interesting but it ain't happening right this moment though.  Still, keep those ideas coming.

Immature Comment: Is it just me or does the kraken(stats, attacks and all) sound like a Pokemon.
Back to College: Interesting idea, but its highly powerful, isn't it? How about some lesser minions, you know, to get people's hopes up before they get dashed...lol.
Pyrotic and his wolf Fire Princess appear in a blaze of fire...
12-20-2005, 05:23 PM,
I like the idea of the quest, and pyro hence why it is a High level Quest..
I wouldnt expect to hear level 30's trying to take on this quest, maybe a requirement?
*Then again we need a few more quests*
Under construction
12-21-2005, 12:56 AM,
Yes... As for weaker monsters, we could get basic groups... Here's my shot at it...

School of Pirranas (?)

Electric Eel

Poisonous Eel

Giant Jellyfish

Giant Stingray

[some adjective or element] Manta (?)

Tiger Shark

White Shark

Venom Shark (?)

[ prehistoric alligatorish thingy Tongue ]

[ another sort of prehistoric creature Tongue :-[ sorry, pretty shot from ideas tonight... ]

Now this is extremely rough, and I don't currently have enough time to stat them Tongue Unfortunately, I really think a (?) could've gone by all of them, but oh well.... I put them in a general order of easier to harder...
Some say music comes to you, and you have to be ready for it, but music is really everywhere; you just have to find it.
12-21-2005, 02:05 AM,
now the way you make it out you want a whole other place to battle... why not just find a hole in the cave that slides you all the way out the west side to a port where you find this book and you find this boat and you find these creatures and the kraken and personally I would actually like creatures made for certain level groups. Im sure it gets kinda boring for the level 200+ guys just sitting around click their button once and then finding another one.... doing the same thing next time. give them a chance to play make some creatures hard for a level 200!!!!
[move] Any Progress is GOOD Progress![/move]
12-21-2005, 02:17 AM,
as must i like to agree with 2fast on having stronger monsters for higer level player...  but i have to disagree.... we should not jump a step for the high level players.... we keep levling up too fast.... this game is in BETA mode we know this.... we got to slow down alittle and let the game catch up with us.....
12-21-2005, 11:35 AM,
uhh... I think 2fast is being sarcastic.....
12-23-2005, 01:02 AM,
I think we should make some tougher monsters, but maybe in a few weeks time. or months.
Maybe not even a whole new training area, why not a quest which you can repeat, but when you repeat you dont get rewards and as much exp and that, Maybe even take out the boss so u get obserd amounts of exp..Smile
Under construction
12-23-2005, 02:33 AM,
hmm.... interesting idea.... but that would be like a cheat, you know? What's stopping me from doing the quest for 10,000 times a day? Ok, maybe it still uses some energy in the battle, so, it would be 10k. But it does eliminate the need to walk around looking for enemies.... That would be a lot like the simulator in AE, now, wouldn't it? Wink
12-23-2005, 03:19 AM,
Maybe the quest , theres a time limit on the respawn rate, like u defeat it all, then you must wait 30minutes.. before you can do it again, or it uses double the energy..
Or lets say there was 15 battles, the loot ranges, like, 1st kill =30exp then the exp/crowne gets bigger,* last could be 600exp* thats using 15nrg..
Could make it so that the final monster doesnt always fight, like you can reach it, then u start again. Liek you have 2 be lucky to get it. just like a great worm but with a higher Spawn rate
Under construction
12-25-2005, 11:35 AM,
da see creatures could be in that lake thing in Sogra.
[Image: chiefdances1.gif]
01-05-2006, 03:20 AM,
well yer, that is a dead end path... could lead to an under-water-world
Under construction
01-15-2006, 08:44 PM,
I agree with pyrotic....there should be weaker monsters first so that weaker players have a chance to level up  in the out come before dying.....also the hp for the "Tidal Kraken" (Think ya got it off of the Lord of the Rings the Third Age)should be more like 1000-2000 hp 600 is not enough....
01-16-2006, 09:59 AM,
uhh, no, I didn't get it off of any other game.  I thought it up in my head on the spot.  Fact that it's used in other games or whatever is coincidence.