Poll: do you like the fact of having a new city?
yes
no
kinda
not on a shore though....
i would have to know what it would have in it
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 06-15-3097251

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The aftermath of a war in cajar
10-21-2005, 10:10 AM,
The aftermath of a war in cajar
cajar would be in ruins. it would be a new fighting place. where all the highest levels go. the new city would be on a shore where you could fish. there would also be a marketplace where you would have the option of at level 35 joining the baking guild. you could make foods that could heal you or increase your energy, then sell the food.
Big shots are little shots that just kept shooting Wink
10-22-2005, 12:00 AM,
Re: The aftermath of a war in cajar
A lot of work has gone into Cajar and making it what it is today, and I don't think that would be thrown away to satisfy this war.  And to develop and code a new city all over from scratch, when Cajar doesn't exist?  That's not sensible at all.  Realistically that may happen, game-wise though, it's not a very good plan of action.
10-22-2005, 08:29 AM,
you could just recopy the code and modify it a bit..
Save a cow, eat a vegetarian. Save a tree, eat a beaver. Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Save a duck, shoot a hunter. Save your ass, kick another.
10-22-2005, 02:29 PM,
Rummy Wrote:you could just recopy the code and modify it a bit..
yea, it wouldnt have to be completely remodeled. just add the seashore and some palmtrees.
Big shots are little shots that just kept shooting Wink
10-22-2005, 03:42 PM,
i agree with shadowhunter
TAKE THAT YOU MORONS!!!!
10-24-2005, 10:52 AM,
im just saying you wouldnt have to start the code form scratch that would be completely useless
Save a cow, eat a vegetarian. Save a tree, eat a beaver. Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Save a duck, shoot a hunter. Save your ass, kick another.
10-24-2005, 01:01 PM,
And I'm also saying why would we throw away Cajar just like that?
10-24-2005, 01:23 PM,
You dont have to throw Cajar, if the war happened and the outcome was negative then certain services in cajar could be limited due to the "rebuilding"  for example Mandy and the Healer could be more expensive for a period of a month.... or the Clan healing pass wouldnt work for a month...

I see the War as a diversion, and an added element to the game whilst waiting for the really cool upgrades liek magic...

...the coding for monsters is there...all you need is a couple of images and a little extra coding to moderate the war.... I think its a cool idea with not too much hasle...  the war could even be something as simple as  10,000 monsters unleashed onto Cajar and time how long it would take for the whole community to eliminate this threat!!! 

If we take the army down in one Week Cajar is Victorious (Cajarians get some bonus ie 1 egg of exp per 100 enemies killed)
If  we take 2 weeks its a stalemate... the army leaves because of heavy loses....
If we take longer than 2 weeks  Cajar is loosing the war and the longer it takes after 2 weeks the heavier the price Cajarians would have to pay....
10-24-2005, 04:23 PM,
Astros that is a great IDEA it is great. really. i hope it makes it to the game.  ;D
[Image: perceospecial2xf6.gif]
10-25-2005, 11:57 AM,
ShadowHunter Wrote:And I'm also saying why would we throw away Cajar just like that?
I agree with ShadowHunter.  It would make a cool third city, but to destroy Cajar...?  Come on!  That's where PhantasyRPG started anyway, didn't it?  I say leave Cajar intact and just add the extra stuff and let it be at peace.
Favorite Quote:

"If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."

--Jimmy Carter (United States President)
10-25-2005, 08:13 PM,
Cajar is so lame... the war should definitly happen.
[Image: Smilie.png]
10-26-2005, 11:37 AM,
Hmm.... Let me think....

I think Astros idea is cool. It would definately add some spices in the game. but, c'mon.. 10 thousands in a week? some people can kill almost a 5-6 hundreds in a day. that means it only takes about 50-60 people to clean up the army in one day... cajar will definately victorious.....

and also, that war penalty thing. As much as I love the idea, there's this little thing that keeps me from agreeing with it. That thing is called "newbies". And the poor newbs got slain just as they join up... I don't think that would have a good impression of the game on them.
10-26-2005, 02:43 PM,
I love Elana's idea!!! Instead of concentrating on monster, we should kill all newbs to give them a good impression of the game!!!  Death to NEWBS!!!

Wait....I don't think thats what she said.

Anywayz....Its an interesting idea.  But what about making it a quest?  You must be ?? level to begin, and you can be ambushed ANYWHERE in the game until you defeat a certain amount of monsters.  You do, you get something, the game continues, the newbs are happy......for now.  The Cajarian War would take place at different times depending on when you active the quest.
Pyrotic and his wolf Fire Princess appear in a blaze of fire...
10-27-2005, 08:46 AM,
lol@pyrotic.

Anyway, as for the assault on cajar thing, I think I read somewhere about Cajarian defense force and I think it would make more sense that you have to sign up first in order to paticipate in the war. You'll need to be at least, umm.... over 3rd promotion?.. to sign up with the army. Once you signed up, you'll be assigned to kill a certain number of certain enemies before you can claim your payment.

You act as a hired mercenary in which the army would pay you certain amount of "bounty" on certain enemies. And also, there should be some sort of war general or something that you can fight for higher bounty. And there should be some sort of battlefield where the cajarian army met this attackers. A big field or something filled with war machines and enemy armies.

And, maybe, someday we can actually advance to their city. And only people with certan number of kills or done a certain amount of quest for the army that can go there. Or perhaps you can only go there for some sort of a secret mission for the army, like assasinating the enemy comander or general. It would be interesting Big Grin
10-27-2005, 03:39 PM,
I love the term mercenary.  I mean, I would kill anyway, but someone paying me to do it just makes it all the more fun.
Pyrotic and his wolf Fire Princess appear in a blaze of fire...
10-31-2005, 02:17 PM,
I think Cally's little bubble protects Cajar. That may be why it was made, to prevent something like this from happening  Wink
Fire does not destroy, Fire cleanses. Feel the cleansing power of the Flames.
10-31-2005, 05:41 PM,
Well, the shield prevents evil from entering the town, but that doesn't mean that evil can't attack the town. They can't enter it, but they still can put a siege on it. Throw boulders from afar and such. Wink
10-31-2005, 05:52 PM,
Elana Wrote:And, maybe, someday we can actually advance to their city. And only people with certan number of kills or done a certain amount of quest for the army that can go there. Or perhaps you can only go there for some sort of a secret mission for the army, like assasinating the enemy comander or general. It would be interesting Big Grin

Heh, assassinating their general would be my job  Wink

Here's an idea, on that note, maybe make the quest slightly different depending on what class you are, as certain classes have different attributes and skills, strengths and weaknesses.  But of course, that would have to wait until after updates then.
11-01-2005, 10:03 AM,
and what happens when those boulders hit the shield? No, I don't think Cajar will be conquered anytime soon.

Hmm, i wonder though, what if they were to enter and invade using town portals? I don't remember any mention of the shield when using portals, do portals bypass the shield?
11-01-2005, 10:41 AM,
Robinton_Selvar Wrote:and what happens when those boulders hit the shield? No, I don't think Cajar will be conquered anytime soon.

hmm... What happens when the boulder hits the shield... I gotta ask Cally about it. What's the extend of the shield. Does it protect from outside attacks or just prevents those with evil intentions to enter the city.

Well, in any case, maybe Cajar won't fall, but once you're outside, you are no longer safe and you can be attacked. So, a siege can still happen, even with no direct attack to the city. Cutting the supply lines, preventing food and stocks from entering the town. And, maybe they even have some warlocks that guard the traffic around the city's portals so if a large signature of energy passes, they can intercept it before they reach the city. it would make it necessary to hire a skilled fighter or magician to protect the food and stocks convoy from attacks. besides, maintaining a portal to let a large group passes would take quite a lot of energy, meaning, tons of MP to cast and maintain..
11-01-2005, 10:49 AM,
Elana Wrote:Well, in any case, maybe Cajar won't fall, but once you're outside, you are no longer safe and you can be attacked. So, a siege can still happen, even with no direct attack to the city. Cutting the supply lines, preventing food and stocks from entering the town. And, maybe they even have some warlocks that guard the traffic around the city's portals so if a large signature of energy passes, they can intercept it before they reach the city. it would make it necessary to hire a skilled fighter or magician to protect the food and stocks convoy from attacks. besides, maintaining a portal to let a large group passes would take quite a lot of energy, meaning, tons of MP to cast and maintain..

So, random encounters south of cajar? interesting. That could work. And about the portal, Since there are alot of people who walk around with plenty of TP scrolls, that Town Portal Gem, and the Traveller's Coronet, enemies might get ahold of a few of them, and invade that way. Maybe we should check to see if Cally is gaurding the portals as well. It would suck if all of a sudden, enemies started pouring forth from the center of town. And is there a way through the sewers? I see a grate up in the back, what if they were to get in from there? The bubble apparently doesn't extend below ground.

Great, now it sounds like I'm encouraging this.