Poll: Should they stay the way they are or be changed?
Stay the same
Need some changing
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 02-03-3244732

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clan Armories
07-01-2007, 09:40 PM,
Clan Armories
The way armories are now you can either a) give them limited access, but still they can take whatever is in there, stopping you from being able to put things in for higher level players to get and use (ie cyrian armor, customs). b) give no access, and lose your members

those are basically the only two ways to control your armory access :-s not stopping players from going in, getting the good equipment, and selling it off for their own profits. now i think they need to be changed, either a) set it up to where they are branded, so that it says the clan owns it, and it can't be sold or traded, and if you leave the clan with the equipment, it automatically gets resent to the clan b) a request system, where you go through and you request the equipment you would like to borrow, and a clan member with proper access can allow you to have it or c) make it to where it checks to see if they are high enough level to use the items before allowing them to take it out, if they don't meet the requirements it won't let them take it out. this one isn't the best but probably the easiest to do.
To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor. Noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good.
07-01-2007, 09:44 PM,
Re: Clan Armories
i think this is great idea so we can add cryian gear and ruin weap to armorires and take some fee form members for using em
07-01-2007, 09:45 PM,
think that © is the best option of them all
07-02-2007, 12:58 AM,
We could just make certain people armoury gaurds and make the normals ask the guards to get thing sout for em....
[Image: signature.php?view=sir_deadric]
07-02-2007, 12:15 PM,
dragonwolfe Wrote:think that © is the best option of them all

actually... it isnt... cause then someone would just get that lvl and steal ALL the items of said lvl

and the 20k consumables, are lvl 1
-A blood moon comes once in a while, but an Iejir-Isk, once in a lifetime.
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM,
I do like option B.

Although thats a lot of coding for what seems to be more of a luxury than a necessity...
This one's got Heavens' touch. ^.^
07-03-2007, 01:35 AM,
actually, alot of clans have 'guards' for their armory... no coding required Tongue... just no position officially
-A blood moon comes once in a while, but an Iejir-Isk, once in a lifetime.
07-05-2007, 12:49 AM,
Or we could just do as many have before. Set specific people with armory access, know by some clans as weapon masters. These people are contacted if a clan member needs a specific thing from the armory, and then if it's truelly needed the guards send it to them.
An eternal search for something that cannot be found can sometimes have all it's joy in the search alone.
07-05-2007, 03:00 AM,
creates a lot of mail to dig through for those people, and sometimes people miss mails, or skip them, or just delete without reading =/
To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor. Noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good.
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM,
Shad, *cough* after reading the first sentence you could easily go to the clan, take out the weapon/item, exchange, and be ahppy.
[Image: signature.php?view=sir_deadric]
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM,
Umm. If they're ignoring, missing or whatever else then they obviously shouldn't be put in charge of the armory.
An eternal search for something that cannot be found can sometimes have all it's joy in the search alone.
09-09-2007, 11:41 PM,
This is an old post, but yea.  When I first joined The Lost Souls of Purgatory almost a year ago, the armory got completely robbed by a few people who were trusted by the previous owner.  Given that, when I became owner, I implemented an armory guard system that still stands today.  It works.  Depending on the number of people in your clan, or as I do, base how many armory guards you need on how many members there are in the clan, and assign them to get items for players that mail them needing something.  Yea, it can make mail irritable for some players, but if you have the adequate number of armory guards in place, then it shouldn't be no big issue.
[Image: signature.php?view=cWaLL]
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM,
Is that c) option only to give staffs something to work on that's not magic/areas/useful ?

It looks good, the c) option.
[Image: 10497]
12-07-2007, 11:15 AM,
Having clan guards doesn`t work because people go inactive, quit or even turn on you. I think the branding of an item would be a good idea. Clan owners know how much work it is to get a good armoury up and how much it hurts to see it stolen from.And in instances when you may actually have good, dependable guardians for the armoury (not people to hand out items, but to monitor and control the traffic of items) If a players sells the item(s) he took, sends them to someone else or puts them in their shop, the item is LOST.

I think that branding items in the armoury so they can be recovered at any time, and so they cannot be sold on is a good idea and very much a necessity
Childhood is short, immaturity is forever Big Grin

[Image: signature.php?view=Killer_Aaragorn]
12-08-2007, 02:25 AM,
can i offer my own suggestion?

i think there should be *tiers* of armory levels which a guild can control. you can do this by buying an extra armory, and there should be a list of people u can write down who can have access to your armory. thus a guild can have several armories, and instead of setting their access in the player management, the leader should set their access by writing names down in an "armory list" of who can access it or not.
12-08-2007, 09:00 AM,
But that`s the whole problem, how can you be sure someone can be trusted? i`ve had members behave for over a year and then start stealing items from the armoury. And if the person has a 3 item per day limit, he can do some serious damage.
Childhood is short, immaturity is forever Big Grin

[Image: signature.php?view=Killer_Aaragorn]