Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss Blacksmith Elder
12-08-2007, 01:43 PM,
Re: Discuss Blacksmith Elder
Kraxxia Wrote:You realize getting that much copper/iron can take upwards of 20 energy or more. Even at my level in mining, it'll take 3-4 energy. That's 3-4 energy TIMES THREE per smithing, with crowne. 500c wouldn't even cover a third of the cost. Although you can buy the ore, it's usually 1:1 in cost, so 300-400 crowne per smith in ore, plus the extra crowne tax. That's 900+ to 1200+ crowne to fully smith ONE ITEM. Instead of the very unlikely chance of charging 500c or anything, smiths are forced to charge 1500 or more just to cover costs. :-\

So instead of using 1 energy at level 20, you use 10+ energy total, and spend crowne... if you did it yourself. And that's at my stats, so a beginner miner/smith would be using upwards of 20 or more energy to fully smith something... and for what? There isn't enough content for smiths yet to make that much energy/crowne burning worth it.

Well why not have a stock pile of iron and copper like the clans do but have it so the the smiths could buy the copper and iron from the smithing guild to use for smithing.

~Phoboscarr~ Wrote:  Yes, but I must make it hard on you Blacksmiths. Tongue

Hows about 50iron, 25copper and 150crowne then? '>.>

And let it cost 1:1 for iron and 2:1 for copper, also if some one has a very large amount or iron or copper they can sell it to the guild so that the guild never runs out of minerals.  They price is only a suggestion and can be changed. They maybe later on they can start to use the profits for upgrades on the guild.

So what do you all think good idea or bad?
Hmmm...
[Image: picphp2pz.gif]
12-08-2007, 01:48 PM,
You're on the right track...

First make smithing worth the cost of ore and crowne. You can't start this system of fees and crap when the guild shows no signs of improvement. I'm sure staff have a plethora of ideas, but being elder doesn't mean they'll come any faster... although the crowne/ore sinks will. Tongue

Also, nobody has noticed, but... smithing potions, why would it cost ore? It's glass and liquid... unless you like swallowing down chunks of copper, it isn't realistic. Why does smithing a weapon cost ore when the weapon is already there? If you improve the value, you're just improving it, you aren't adding to it or anything. It's simple, charge ore for MAKING things. Make parts, then combine them. Sure it's unoriginal, but that's the basics of smithing.

To darkfireknight: you've eliminated the problem of energy sinking, but the cost in crowne is a minimum of 250 + 1-4 energy per smith, for the same thing we've all been smithing for two years or more.
[Image: 270909744_cd078aad8f.jpg]

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the staff system, its being run just like its always been. - LordDoerr
12-08-2007, 10:35 PM,
But you see Kraxxia, there is still a way to get around that. There is still a way...*becomes rather distracted and lost in thought* But glass and liquid and metal and fire, hot and cold, fire and ice. It's all entwined and no one's looked at that.
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM,
Kraxxia Wrote:Also, nobody has noticed, but... smithing potions, why would it cost ore? It's glass and liquid... unless you like swallowing down chunks of copper, it isn't realistic. Why does smithing a weapon cost ore when the weapon is already there?

It's not supposed to be realistic. When did you guys forget about this being a Phantasy game? Tongue

Kraxxia, you think your character is realistic? Smile

I don't think we should be aiming for realistic. Realistic isn't fun! I wanna see a whirlpool of Lava and pudding! Big Grin Tongue
[Image: HUNAR_GoblinSlayer.gif]
12-09-2007, 11:37 AM,
I don`t get how you people want smithing to be as realistic as possible, yet wish it to be free Tongue
Childhood is short, immaturity is forever Big Grin

[Image: signature.php?view=Killer_Aaragorn]
12-10-2007, 11:09 AM,
I dont want it free. Id like a little reward for my energy. If you want to help out newbies, so be it, but it might be a little change out of your pocket. Otherwise, im sure ANYBODY can scrounge up AT LEAST 500c very fast.
12-11-2007, 02:21 PM,
Ashier Wrote:But you see Kraxxia, there is still a way to get around that. There is still a way...*becomes rather distracted and lost in thought* But glass and liquid and metal and fire, hot and cold, fire and ice. It's all entwined and no one's looked at that.

So instead of just smithing a potion as it is now, you want to attach several steps? It just goes back to my point that there's nothing new, just more restrictions, requirements, and things needed. Maybe if you used those steps to MAKE potions, okay. But to spend more energy smithing something that gives less energy than you put into it, the purpose is defeated.

It begins to turn the "Guild membership" thing into a tradeskill or crafting. Honestly I prefer the later because tradeskills can occupy players for a LONG time as opposed to a membership thing that you can lose. There really isn't any in the game, just some quick-to-move-on activities.

Then you can stem crazy things like a level 30 blacksmith can start beginning to mold glass, thus making flasks and such... then potion making Hounzalids can concoct and fill them.

I know this is a Phantasy game, but it's common sense ain't it? Combining 2 carrots, a steak, and a copper key won't make a loaf of bread unless you cast "magic" on it. Tongue

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the staff system, its being run just like its always been. - LordDoerr
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM,
Perhaps then an elder is needed who can and will take action to make it so? I don't know. I do know that I agree with your statement that the smithing is almost pointless and that players don't have much aim for leveling after a certain level. Why should they really? What if there was a point? What if there were things to do, things to try and achieve?
12-12-2007, 10:01 PM,
I"m not insinuating that I am the right one either. Simply stating a point that I have heard time and again.
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM,
I didn't mean anything harsh, just saying that the elder blacksmith can't do such things, only suggest. That's why charging right now wouldn't be wise. Maybe later on when we're old, gray, and have at least several options to do as a smith. ;D