Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss Blacksmith Elder
11-29-2007, 03:45 PM,
Discuss Blacksmith Elder
Any discussion about the new update can be posted here.
Currently attending Princeton University. If you need my assistance, let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
11-29-2007, 04:18 PM,
Re: Discuss Blacksmith Elder
I have to say it...
Stop nominating the same person over and over, such a waste of a nomination Tongue
[Image: siggy-1.gif]
11-29-2007, 04:28 PM,
what will the Blacksmith Elder do exactly? I don't see anyone applying for a job about which nothing is known...
[Image: vlaanderengx8.png]
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM,
Danni lol well it show who hes helped Tongue
[Image: 2ljtetx.gif]
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM,
Shuck Wrote:To nominate someone for Blacksmithing they must be able to make it to level 20 smithing by the 15th of December, if they are not at that point, then they will not be able to come into office. You can nominate any you choose, as long as they are active; as if they aren’t, no smiths will be accepted. Please, when nominating someone, post in this format. You cannot nominate yourself, voting will take place in one week from this message.

Person Nominated – Their current smithing level – Reason

Also, EVERY nominee must submit a small speech about why they want to become the Blacksmith Elder on the devs if they want to be in the running.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phantasyrpg.com/blacksmith_listing.php">http://phantasyrpg.com/blacksmith_listing.php</a><!-- m --> <-All Smiths

The Elder smith will be in charge of applications and will be in charge of overseeing the members of the guild.
Currently attending Princeton University. If you need my assistance, let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
11-29-2007, 08:02 PM,
niiice
11-30-2007, 03:22 AM,
Okay, so what, in all of your opinions would make a good elder? Tongue

My opinion:
  • Fairness
  • Someone who doesn't smith everything under the sun for free and does not advocate doing such
  • Time able to be spent online[/list:u]

Also, Shuck, is this going to be just a tally or are we voting for someone, then voting from the top 2 later?
Oh joy.
11-30-2007, 07:39 AM,
Smithing doesn't have enough of an effect to matter who runs it.
But in essence, it requires an iron hand. Someone who WILL turn down people. Good AND Bad.
Everyone under the sun does not need to be a smith.
But we need more than and small handfull.
2-3 active smiths that could always be found daily is where it should be. Meaning multiple people who are run during a specific time-shift. Nobody else matter.
[Image: Regic.jpg]
[Image: untitled12rf.gif]
11-30-2007, 02:29 PM,
I'd gladly give up my smiting ability if there was some other way for me to increase the effects of potions and bombs.  As of yet, the only way to make concussion bombs more powerful is to hit them repeatedly with a hammer.
If I don't know what I'm talking about, I have no idea what I'm saying.
11-30-2007, 03:03 PM,
Voting is going to be in 6 days. Right now is just the nominations for players.
11-30-2007, 05:38 PM,
I know, I'm just wondering how the voting is going to work.
Oh joy.
12-01-2007, 01:36 AM,
so can staff not nominate anyone.  or can staff be nominated?
Acquire the courage to believe in yourself. Many of the things
that you have been taught were at one time the radical ideas
of individuals who had the courage to believe what their own
hearts and minds told them was true, rather than accept the
common beliefs of their day.
12-01-2007, 12:38 PM,
Think about it Night. Obviously staff can vote players. But Staff voting staff is really the same thing, since the public have to like the person whether staff or not =)
[Image: siggy-1.gif]
12-01-2007, 01:32 PM,
I think half of you people don't understand what's the job of the Elder. They're not smithing stuff, they're accepting people into the Blacksmith's Guild. And if someone is a high level smith doesn't mean he's automatic a good person for the job.

And so far only people who are a high smith level have been nominated.
[Image: 10497]
12-01-2007, 01:48 PM,
  Actually, Ichigo_cool is a good person. Smile He's one of my best friends in the game, and he has helped quite a few people. He will do smithing for anybody, and I don't think there are many people who dislike him.
  And as far as I know, there will be no problem with his fairness. Tongue

Why do you think so many people have nominated him? High smithing level? There are plenty of people with a higher smithing to choose from. He was nominated because he is liked. And people who know him know he would be a fair leader. Wink
[Image: HUNAR_GoblinSlayer.gif]
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM,
Yes he is a good guy....idk how any wouldn't like him
12-02-2007, 06:21 PM,
~Phoboscarr~ Wrote:He will do smithing for anybody

For free...

Smithing should be a business.
Oh joy.
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM,
  I don't know why it really has to be... If they choose to charge for their services and people pay, yay for them. They now have some extra money. Tongue
  But if they choose to just help people for free... That should be their decision. They could just be spending their energy training or digging chests. You get much more money from selling chests anyway. But instead they try to help those at no cost, why? Because they're friendly and don't believe in charging people for such a small favor. Wink
  Plus! 500 crowne really isn't all that much anyway.. >_>
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM,
Smithing is designed as a business. 500c might not seem like much, but say you do five items for someone at 500c and fifteen minutes later you do five more. An hour later you do five or ten. The crowne adds up. Just because you have a handful of pennies does not mean you should scorn them.
12-02-2007, 10:29 PM,
  I don't scorn my pennies, I just stick them in a little jar on my dresser and count them out every 3 months or so. Tongue

Nah, I just think Blacksmiths should have a significantly more important impact on the game if they are to charge for their services. But as it is now, they can afford to smith for free...
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM,
Phobo its there option Tongue If they want to charge or not
12-03-2007, 09:22 AM,
~Phoboscarr~ Wrote:  I don't know why it really has to be... If they choose to charge for their services and people pay, yay for them. They now have some extra money. Tongue
  But if they choose to just help people for free... That should be their decision. They could just be spending their energy training or digging chests. You get much more money from selling chests anyway. But instead they try to help those at no cost, why? Because they're friendly and don't believe in charging people for such a small favor. Wink
  Plus! 500 crowne really isn't all that much anyway.. >_>

Then where's the point of becoming a smith if you can have everything smithed for free?
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM,
The point of charging people is annoying and not worth the effort, as far as I'm concerned. They complain they don't have enough, you're charging too much, or they just go to someone else who'll do it for free.

Nobody, literally, has asked me to smith something for over three months. I don't charge, either. I don't smith anymore because there's no point beyond level 20 as well, there are better things to do with my energy. There's no reason to continue.

On top of that, I'm quite rich. Tongue I don't need the crowne. Do I still have to charge? You can't make me, and that's the whole point. The duties of an elder are skeletal... you can order people until you're blue in the face and they don't have to listen. What if they don't listen? Kick them from the guild for not following demands? That's great, another power-crazed person in charge.

Thus my point is: You take attendance, nothing more.
[Image: 270909744_cd078aad8f.jpg]

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the staff system, its being run just like its always been. - LordDoerr
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM,
I can think of a few good reasons to charge: First and foremost, the constant bank to bank transfers that would come of it would kill some of the crowne from the game, not a lot, but it would add up over time. Secondly, it's waste of energy if you don't charge; in the library 1 energy = 50c for we high level folk, so why not charge that much per smith at least (yes, I know that that doesn't cover it for someone under 20, but w/e)? Even a new citizen could afford that. If nothing else, you could buy some energy potions to get back (some of) the energy. Thirdly, they get their money's worth anyway because the value of the item increases slightly too. Finally, it takes up time, which can be spent doing other things; I don't have 12 hours to spend on here, so why not make the process worth it?.

I wouldn't go as far as to kick them from the guild, but if it was possible to limit a person's access to the forge for breaking the rules, it would serve as a good reason for them to charge.

Lol, "there are too many smiths, so everyone has limited access to the forge; smithings left this week: 21" <- joking by the way.

Anyway, if someone was kicked for refusing to listen to the rules, it's not as though the leader was power-crazed. o.O If I found out a smith was using smithing as an excuse to scam... or if just scamming in general, I'd kick him or her from the guild. And if someone was kicked for free smithing, it's not like the punishment has to be forever. >.>
Oh joy.
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM,
Personally I think that we should charge.  When I first became a smith I was told it was optional and that it was a business.  So if I wanted to make some crowne then I should charge, and I have.  But it became more of a problem when others said that they would smith items for free after the person already agreed to send me the Item to smith for 500c but then change there minds. 

I don't really care if someone is rich and they want to use energy for free, but when someone is trying to earn a little crowne then that makes it a whole lot harder to do.

Now smithing Items for clan members is another matter.  Those I smith for free ONLY for clan members of my clan.
Hmmm...
[Image: picphp2pz.gif]